[openstack-dev] [keystone][all] v2.0 API removal

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 18:41:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah - we specifically talked about this in a recent meeting [0]. We
> will be more verbose about this in the future.

I'm glad to see a review of this. In reading the meeting logs, I
understand it was well communicated that the api was going to go away
at some point. Yes we all knew it was coming, but the exact time of
impact wasn't known outside of Keystone.  Also saying "oh it works in
devstack" is not enough when you do something this major.   So a "FYI,
patches to remove v2.0 to start landing next week (or today)" is more
what would have been helpful for the devs who consume master.  It
dramatically shortens the time spent debugging failures if you have an
idea about when something major changes and then we don't have to go
through git logs/gerrit to figure out what happened :)

IMHO when large efforts that affect the usage of your service are
going to start to land, it's good to send a note before landing those
patches. Or at least at the same time. Anyway I hope other projects
will also follow a similar pattern when they ultimately need to do
something like this in the future.

Thanks,
-Alex