[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Oct 19 17:11:23 UTC 2017

Greetings OpenStack community,

If you were hoping for startling news, well, you're going to be disappointed. We did, however, have a perfectly enjoyable meeting today.

A question had been raised about creating a guideline for 'changes-since' filtering in an API [5], and we debated whether it was needed or not. Consensus is that while it isn't of critical importance, it is something that we should add to the guidelines on filtering to help achieve consistency across APIs. edleafe volunteered to tackle that when he has some free time. The mention of "free time" brought much hilarity to everyone at the meeting.

* There's been some discussion of recording an outreach video at summit. edleafe sent an email to the openstack-sigs mailing list [7], but so far there has been no reply. If there is still no response in a few days, a reminder email will be sent.

elmiko posted an email to the openstack-sigs mailing list [7] to help find out if there is any interest in an alternate time for holding the API-SIG IRC meeting in order to accommodate APAC contributors. As this was just sent, there is no response yet. We also expressed the idea that email is probably better for communication across time zones than alternating meetings.

# Newly Published Guidelines

* Updates for rename to SIG
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508242/
  While this isn't technically a guideline, it is an important step in our transition from a WG to a SIG.

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

None this week

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
  Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/

* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
  https://review.openstack.org/444892

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page [4] and guidelines [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!