[openstack-dev] [stable][mistral] Asking for stable branch policy exception

Renat Akhmerov renat.akhmerov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 08:19:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have two patches in Mistral that we need to back port to stable/pike. However, they are against of stable branch management policy because they slightly change the DB schema. The patches are the following:

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/512528/
2. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/512256/

#2 is a critically important fix that fixes a problem of decreasing Mistral performance when DB becomes heavy (has lots of execution objects). This is a blocker issue for us (Nokia) preventing us using Mistral in production. It also seriously optimizes performance in general.

So hereby I'm asking your advice on what we can do in this situation. Can we merge these patches if we make sure that we don't break anyone in the community? For example, TripleO.

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@Nokia