[openstack-dev] [tripleo][networking] Organizing the networking squad

Brent Eagles beagles at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 13:13:24 UTC 2017

​Hi,​

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Brent Eagles <beagles at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The list of TripleO squads includes a "networking squad". In previous
> cycles, coordinating outside of IRC and email conversations seemed
> unnecessary as there were only a few contributors and a small number of
> initiatives. However, with future container related work, increased usage
> of ansible, ongoing efforts like routed networks and NFV, os-net-config
> related issues, and the increasing number of backends and networking
> related services being added to TripleO, the world of TripleO networking
> seems increasingly busy. I propose that we start organizing properly with
> periodic sync-ups and coordinating efforts via etherpad (or similar) as
> well as reporting into the weekly tripleo meeting.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brent

This was initially not directed at anyone in particular but I've added
possible interested parties to this thread in case it gets lost in the
noise! Please reply if you are interested in participating in the
networking squad. Proposed first orders of business are:

 - establish the squad's scope
 - agree on whether we need a scheduled sync up meeting and if so, sort out
a meeting time time
 - outline initial areas of interest and concern and action items

Cheers,

Brent