[openstack-dev] [nova][ironic] Concerns over rigid resource class-only ironic scheduling

Nisha Agarwal agarwalnisha1980 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:31:38 UTC 2017

Hi Matt,

As i understand John's spec https://review.openstack.org/#/c/507052/, it is
actually a replacement for capabilities(qualitative only) for ironic. It
doesnt cover the quantitative capabilities as 'traits' are meant only for
qualitative capabilities. Quantitative capabilities are covered by resource
classes in Nova. We have few (one or two) quantitative capabilities already
supported in ironic.

Regards
Nisha

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:09 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/7/2017 2:48 PM, Nisha Agarwal wrote:
>
>> Hi Ironic Operators,
>>
>>  From Pike, ironic nodes get scheduled based on just the resource class
>> from nova. Do you guys see any concerns over this "rigid resource class
>> only ironic scheduling"?
>>
>> To be more specific, at your datacentre/production environment what all
>> filters are configured in nova.conf (configuration file for nova) for
>> scheduling an ironic node? Do you use RamFilter/DiskFilter/CoreFilter in
>> the "use_baremetal_filters" for ironic nodes scheduling from nova?
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Nisha

> Bringing this back up.
>
> Does this nova spec from John Garbutt help you?
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/507052/
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

The Secret Of Success is learning how to use pain and pleasure, instead
of having pain and pleasure use you. If You do that you are in control
of your life. If you don't life controls you.