[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for candidates: How do you think we can make our community more inclusive?

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri Oct 13 15:18:16 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 02:45:28PM +0200, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Some of you, TC candidates, expressed concerns about diversity and inclusiveness
> (or inclusivity, depending on your taste) in your candidacy. I believe this is a
> broad, and some times ill-used, topic so, I'd like to know, from y'all, how you
> think we could make our community more inclusive. What areas would you improve
> first?
>
> Thank you,
> Flavio

I admit, I didn't include this topic in my email. And I'll be the first to say
inclusiveness is an import and healthy issue to have for any project / society.

Listening, and learning, what makes people comfortable to engage and contribute
would be on my list. This applied both to any project and persons.  I'd learn
how other projects are responding to the topic and possible engage with those
leaders to share successes.