[openstack-dev] [gnocchi] Redis for storage backend

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Oct 13 07:37:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 13 2017, Yaguang Tang wrote:

> I see the latest Gnocchi support using Redis as a storage backend, I am
> testing performance of Redis and Ceph, it seems using Redis as storage
> backend we can achieve  more realtime metric
> data, gnocchi status shows there is always few metric to process.
>
> Is Redis a recommend storage backend ?

Redis is recommended as an incoming measures backend, not really as a
storage – though it really depends on the size of your installation.

Up until 4.0 version, Gnocchi process metrics every
$metricd.metric_processing_delay seconds. With version 4.1 (to be
released), the Redis incoming driver has a more realtime processing
delay which avoids having to poll for incoming data.

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker