[openstack-dev] [ironic] How is the interface for tftpboot server typically configured on OVS ?
Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Thu Oct 12 22:42:31 UTC 2017
We are in the process of integrating OpenStack Ironic into our own OpenStack Distribution.
One of the areas that we cannot find a good description of is:
How is the interface for the tftpboot server typically configured on OVS ?
· i know tftpboot server runs on the same node as ironic-conductor,
· i know tftpboot server needs to have an interface on the ‘provisioning’ tenant network, and
· i know the tftpboot server IP address and the ‘provisioning’ network are configured in ironic.conf
o how is the interface on the ‘provisioning’ tenant network configured for tftpboot server ?
§ i.e. how is it configured on OVS ?
· assuming it would be an OVS virtual port that would be connected to
the ‘provisioning’ tenant network
§ i.e. how is this done upstream ?
· is a TAP(?) interface configured ?
· is a Neutron Port configured on the ‘provisioning’ tenant network,
with a reserved IP Address from ‘provisioining’ tenant network’s subnet and
a MAC address from TAP interface ?
· the L2-Agent manages the binding of the TAP Interface to the
‘provisioning’ tenant network within OVS ?
Can anybody point me to or provide a detailed description of how this is done upstream ?
thanks in advance,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev