[openstack-dev] [horizon]

Bence Romsics bence.romsics at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 12:29:16 UTC 2017

Hi Horizon Folks,

After the PTG I'm back from vacation and I'd like to ask for reviews
for bp/neutron-trunk-ui:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bp/neutron-trunk-ui

When you'll hit that link you'll see a Jenkins-1 on some of the
patches, but please don't be put off by that. We know the importance
of tests and we are going to fix/write the missing test coverage of
course.

However we'd like to avoid re-writing the tests several times, that's
why I'm asking for a bit non-standard two-round review:

1) Please review the functional parts ignoring the (missing/outdated)
tests firsts.
2) When you're satisfied with (1) we'll write the tests and that can
be reviewed too.

We believe the patch series contains a functionally complete Horizon
panel. The only missing part is the tests.

If you'd like to try the new trunks panel introduced by the patch
series this is how you can do it:

a) Add trunks to your local.conf:
enable_plugin neutron https://git.openstack.org/openstack/neutron
enable_service q-trunk

b) stack.sh

c) Verify if (a) was successful by listing the 'trunk' api extension:
$ openstack extension show trunk

d) Fetch the full patch series. Final patch: https://review.openstack.org/489186

The new panel should automatically appear as Project/Network/Trunks.

Background info on Neutron trunks:

* https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/pike/admin/config-trunking.html
* https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/TrunkPort

Thanks in advance,