[openstack-dev] [all] Zuul v3 Rollout Update - devstack-gate issues edition

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 05:28:33 UTC 2017

There are still significant issues

- logs issues

Should be behind us.  The logs partition ran out of inodes, causing
log upload failures.  Pruning jobs should have rectified this.

- Ubuntu package issues

You may notice a range of issues with Ubuntu packages.  The root cause
is that our mirror is behind due a broken reprepro.  Unfortunately, we
build our daily images against an external upstream mirror, so they
have been built using later packages than our un-updated region
mirrors provide, leading apt to great confusion.  Some debugging notes
on reprepro at [1], but I have to conclude the .db files are corrupt
and I have no idea how to recreate these other than to start again.

I think the most expedient solution here will be to turn /ubuntu on
mirrors into a caching reverse proxy for upstream.  However;

- system-config breakage

The system-config gate is broken due to an old pip pin with [2].
However, despite this merging several hours ago, zuulv2 doesn't seem
to want to reload to pick this up.  I have a suspicion that because it
was merged by zuulv3 maybe zuulv2 missed it?  I'm not sure, and don't
think even turning the jobs -nv will help.

- devstack-gate cache copying

This means the original devstack-gate cache issues [3] remain unmerged
at this point.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2017-10-12.log.html#t2017-10-12T04:04:16
[2] https://review.openstack.org/511360
[3] https://review.openstack.org/511260