[openstack-dev] [pbr] Migration to Storyboard

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Oct 11 16:29:31 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-11 12:05:33 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> We have a bunch of open bugs. It would be good to triage those to see
> which, if any, need to be migrated.
[...]

Well, they'll all be migrated (whether open or closed), but closing
them in LP where possible will reduce the risk that people continue
trying to update them there later.

Unfortunately the degree to which bug handling can be disabled in LP
is somewhat lacking if you want to still have old bugs archived
there (so that existing links on mailing lists and such continue
working). You can disable reporting new bugs and hide links to the
bug tracker from the project page on LP, but bugs can still get
updated there. We've talked about the possibility for a bug-spammer
that adds a comment to and closes all LP bugs on a project pointing
to the corresponding URLs of imported SB stories. However, as you
know, dealing with API timeouts for LP is sort of un-fun so this
may be a foolish idea.
--
Jeremy Stanley