[openstack-dev] Update on Zuul v3 Migration - and what to do about issues

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Oct 11 09:36:27 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-11 11:27, milanisko k wrote:
> Hey Andreas!
>
> Thanks for the fast response!
> I think the Zuul Job should turn red then; it's strange if something
> that failed is green and/or missing in a report.

You got a -1 - just the display in gerrit did not show it where you
expected. This is no regression from Zuul v2.

> Feels like a bug is lurking somewhere in the report processing path.
> Attaching a screenshot for better visibility.

We use some javascript to show the results from the bottom at the top.
That whole javascript is really complicated and does not cover a few
corner cases like this one ;(. Help is appreciated,

Andreas

> Thanks!
> milan
>
> st 11. 10. 2017 v 9:24 odesílatel Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com
> <mailto:aj at suse.com>> napsal:
>
>     On 2017-10-11 09:21, milanisko k wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > without any deeper investigation (yet) I'd like to share this patch
>     > status https://review.openstack.org/#/c/468712/
>     > Seems Zuul voted -1 even though all jobs were green...
>
>     If you hit the "Toggle CI" button, you see:
>
>     legacy-grenade-dsvm-ironic-inspector
>     finger://ze01.openstack.org/9c9f80b5b54b4b1e9d6689314818d437
>     <http://ze01.openstack.org/9c9f80b5b54b4b1e9d6689314818d437> : ABORTED
>     in 1h 44m 45s
>
>     So, a job was aborted - and looking at timing, this might be due to our
>     restart of Zuul v3,
>
>     The -1 is for this one,
>     Andreas
>     --
>      Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com <http://suse.com>,opensuse.org
>     <http://opensuse.org>} Twitter: jaegerandi
>       SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnber
>     <https://maps.google.com/?q=NUX+GmbH,+Maxfeldstr.+5,+90409+N%C3%BCrnber&entry=gmail&source=g>g,
>     Germany
>        GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
>            HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
>         GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)