[openstack-dev] [magnum] docker registry in minion node didn't work.

KiYoun Sung kysung at devstack.co.kr
Wed Oct 11 02:49:42 UTC 2017

Hello,
Magnum team.

I Installed Openstack newton and magnum.
I installed Magnum by source.

I want to use docker-registry and connect to "admin" account object store,
but I don't want to explosure admin password.

I created cluster-template below options.
   - coe: kubernetes
   - os: fedora_atomic
   - storage: swift
   - check "Enable Registry"

After being created cluster, docker-registry didn't run.
So, I checked the file in (source)magnum/drivers/common/templates/
fragments.org/configure-docker-registry.sh,
it sourced "/etc/sysconfig/heat-params" in magnum minion node,
but there are no variables $SWIFT_REGION, $TRUSTEE_USERNAME,
$TRUSTEE_DOMAIN_ID, $TRUST_ID,
just two variable are set TRUSTEE_USER_ID, TRUSTEE_PASSWORD.

I modified "/etc/sysconfig/registry-config.yml" in minion node by manually,
and I executed "docker run -d -p 5000:5000 --restart=always --name registry
-v /etc/sysconfig/registry-config.yml:/etc/docker/registry/config.yml
registry:2" command,
but it didnt' work.

Is it work in magnum kubernetes using fedora-atomic environment.?
How can I configure this variable?

Thank you.
Best regards.