[openstack-dev] [tc][election] TC non-candidacy

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Oct 10 23:40:18 UTC 2017

Hey everybody!

I have decided not to seek reelection for the TC.

I have had the honor and privilege of serving you on the TC and it's
predecessor the PPB since the fall of 2011 (with one six month absence
that I blame on Jay Pipes)

There are a wealth of amazing people running for the TC this cycle, many
of whom have a different genetic, cultural or geographic background than
I do. I look forward to seeing how they shepherd our amazing community.

I am not going anywhere. We're just getting Zuul v3 rolled out, there's
a pile of work to do to merge and rationalize shade and openstacksdk and
I managed to sign myself up to implement application credentials in
Keystone. I still haven't even managed to convince all of you that
Floating IPs are a bad idea...

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the trust you have placed in
me. I look forward to seeing as many of you as I can in Sydney,
Vancouver, Berlin and who knows where else.

Monty