[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Reminder on bug triage
emilien at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 20:55:08 UTC 2017
I think it's useful to share a little reminder about how do we create
and manage bugs in TripleO.
Bugs in TripleO are reported via launchpad.net/tripleo.
The steps are well documented in Launchpad (you have boxes that
explain exactly what a bug report should be like) but here are a few
- Find a title related to the problem:
"Mistral workflows tried to use Keystone v2.0 (removed upstream)"
"Duplication error when running Ceph OSD & Ceph Mon on same nodes"
"Overcloud stack failed to deploy"
"gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-nonha-multinode-oooq failed in periodic jobs"
If you're busy and can't spend time to investigate, find some help on
IRC or on this mailing-list.
- Put good descriptions, with details at how to reproduce the problem.
Just please don't throw a random Python Trace or a link to a CI job.
Make a little research so our team can easily help.
- Set status to Triaged as a first step, or In progress if you're
actively working on it.
- Set an Importance. Keep in mind Critical is only used when there is
no way you can deploy TripleO with this bug (use it wisely).
- Set a milestone, or when do you think we should fix the bug. High /
critical: queens-1. Medium / low: queens-2, etc.
- Set some tags and don't invent tags, there is auto-completion and
tags are documented here:
That's all. If you can make that, you'll help to solve the bugs more
quickly and everyone is happy.
Any question or feedback is welcome.
More information about the OpenStack-dev