[openstack-dev] Sydney Forum Topic Submission

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 16:19:42 UTC 2017

On 16:15 Sep 21, Shamail Tahir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have made it to the next stage of the topic selection process for the
> Forum in Sydney!
>
> At the Forum the entire OpenStack community (users and developers) gathers
> to brainstorm the requirements for the next release, gather feedback on the
> past version and have strategic discussions that go beyond just one release
> cycle. The Sydney Forum is the start of the Rocky release cycle. Please
> prepare session ideas with feedback from the Pike release in mind.
>
> Our submission tool is now open for you to submit abstracts for the most
> popular sessions that came out of your brainstorming.
>
> Ask all session leaders to submit their abstracts at:
> http://forumtopics.openstack.org/
>
> before *11:59PM UTC on Friday September 29th*!
>
> We are looking for a good mix of project-specific, cross-project or
> strategic/whole-of-community discussions, and sessions that emphasize
> collaboration between users and developers are most welcome!
>
> We assume that anything submitted to the Forum Topics Tool has achieved a
> good amount of discussion and consensus that it's a worthwhile topic. After
> submissions close, a team of representatives from the User Committee, the
> Technical Committee, and Foundation staff will take the sessions proposed
> by the community and fill out the schedule.
>
> You can expect the draft schedule to be released on October 9th, 2017.
>
> Further details about the Forum can be found at:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum

Hi all!

We're a bit delayed in having that draft available for you all. The committee
has voted on the submitted forum topics and is currently waiting to hold
a discussion on Wednesday October 11th to finalize the selection.

You can now expect a draft available October 12th. Thank you.

--
Mike Perez