[openstack-dev] [tc][election] TC candidacy

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Mon Oct 9 12:53:27 UTC 2017

I'd like to submit my candidacy for a position on the OpenStack TC.

I work at SUSE as a Cloud Developer. I have been involved with OpenStack for
three years, first as a contributor to the Puppet-OpenStack team, then with
the
Infra team, and now as a core reviewer for keystone.

>From the beginning I have had a keen interest in onboarding new
contributors and
guiding them to be productive community members. Growing our community
following our recent drop in contributors is one of our biggest challenges.
I also see diversifying our community as intertwined with attracting and
onboarding new members. I have always been impressed with OpenStack's
welcoming
community and inclusivity, but the numbers show that we could be doing
better
on gender diversity[1] and I believe we must continue to build up momentum
in
improving cultural inclusivity.

My work in OpenStack has given me with an understanding of the needs of
operators and deployment tool teams and a desire to support those needs.
Admitting deployment tools into the Big Tent was a great step in closing the
communication gap between core projects and deployers and ultimately lead
to an
improvement in the user experience for operators. Continuing this pattern of
inter-group collaboration is fundamental to making OpenStack better.

I care a lot about OpenStack and I'd like to contribute to its overall
health
and success in any way that I can, and I see serving on the TC as an
excellent
way to do that. Thank you for your consideration.

Colleen Murphy (cmurphy)
https://www.openstack.org/community/members/profile/11727/colleen-murphy
http://stackalytics.com/?release=all&user_id=krinkle

[1] http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/bitergia-intel-report/