[openstack-dev] Project Ideas for Graduate Student

Mike Perez mike at openstack.org
Thu Oct 5 22:27:48 UTC 2017

On 02:59 Oct 05, Puneet Jain wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am a graduate student and have intermediate knowledge and huge in cloud
> computing. I am looking for a project idea, particularly any new feature I
> can implement in OpenStack.
>
> I thought of implementing multi-factor authentication but happened to know
> that it has already been implemented.
> https://docs.openstack.org/security-guide/identity/authentication.html
>
> I would prefer to do something in security. Any ideas?
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the community Puneet! We have various Security group related
projects listed here:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security

You can also find various Security/Identity/Compliance OpenStack project
services listed in our project navigator:

https://www.openstack.org/software/project-navigator/

Also on freenode irc we have #openstack-security. You can see more channels:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC

Here are some helpful documents in setting up IRC, git, and the various
accounts you'll be using in our community:

https://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/irc.html
https://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/git.html
https://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/accounts.html

--