[openstack-dev] [all] Zuul Error for commits

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 5 13:10:45 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-05 06:36:10 -0600 (-0600), Boden Russell wrote:
> [1] Based on [1] I though Zuul v3 jobs were non-voting at this
> point in time and so a v3 job failure wouldn't -1V stalling a
> patch.
>
> However, I'm also noticing that v3 jobs are failing patches in
> neutron-lib ([2] for ex).
>
> What am I missing here??
[...]

Matt misused the term "non-voting" in that message to which Clark
was replying. Zuul v3 is certainly "voting" on changes in the check
pipeline in the way that other third-party CI systems do, so that
we/you have an opportunity to fix any broken v3 jobs before we roll
forward onto v3 again (hopefully very, very soon now).

It is however non-gating, in the sense that it will not attempt to
merge a change nor prevent it from merging. The "Zuul" account is
only leaving advisory -1 and +1 verify votes on changes and leaving
authoritative control over testing/merging to the "Jenkins" account.
--
Jeremy Stanley