[openstack-dev] [all][elections] Candidate proposals for TC (Technical Committee) positions are now open

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Oct 4 23:47:09 UTC 2017

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 11:26:33PM +0000, Kendall Nelson wrote:
> Hello Again,
>
> A few corrections from the kickoff email:
>
> Candidates for the Technical Committee Positions: Any Foundation individual
> member can propose their candidacy for an available, directly-elected TC
> seat. (except the seven (7) TC members who were elected for a one-year seat
> in April[3]).
>
> The election will be held from September 29th through to 23:45 October 18th,
> 2017 UTC. PLEASE NOTE, we are discussing adding a few days to the
> nomination period  thereby shortening the campaigning period due to the
> lack of updates to the governance page and the delayed kickoff email.
> Please keep an eye out for updates!

Because of the delay in getting information published the election
officials have decided to extend the nomination period by 2 days, this
has a knock on effect that each deadline is now also bumped:

Events          Start Date              End Date
TC nomination   Sep 29, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 08, 2017 23:45 UTC
TC Campaigning  Oct 09, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 12, 2017 23:45 UTC
TC Election     Oct 12, 2017 23:59 UTC  Oct 18, 2017 23:45 UTC

We are electing 6 TC members. Any individual member of the foundation
can propose their candidacy (except the last TC members who were elected
at the previous election)[1].

Yours Tony.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/election/results/pike/tc.html