[openstack-dev] [ptg] Simplification in OpenStack

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 17:51:39 UTC 2017

On 10:45 Sep 12, Mike Perez wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Back in a joint meeting with the TC, UC, Foundation and The Board it was
> decided as an area of OpenStack to focus was Simplifying OpenStack. This
> intentionally was very broad so the community can kick start the conversation
> and help tackle some broad feedback we get.
>
> Unfortunately yesterday there was a low turn out in the Simplification room.
> A group of people from the Swift team, Kevin Fox and Swimingly were nice
> enough to start the conversation and give some feedback. You can see our
> initial ether pad work here:
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/simplifying-os
>
> There are efforts happening everyday helping with this goal, and our team has
> made some documented improvements that can be found in our report to the
> board within the ether pad. I would like to take a step back with this
> opportunity to have in person discussions for us to identify what are the
> area of simplifying that are worthwhile. I’m taking a break from the room at
> the moment for lunch, but I encourage people at 13:30 local time to meet at
> the simplification room level b in the big thompson room. Thank you!

Sorry for the late reply all. Decompression from burning man and ptg :).

Thanks for the discussions everyone has brought to this thread. I think we did
a good job brainstorming and identifying what we have more information on.

I would like to move this discussion to a different thread that focuses on
those more identified areas, with relation to the recent user survey:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-October/123086.html

Lets keep this momentum going!

--
Mike Perez