[openstack-dev] [storyboard] Should New Projects Be Using Storyboard?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Oct 4 13:29:14 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-04 13:51:37 +0100 (+0100), Stephen Finucane wrote:
[...]
> Not to hijack the thread but, we're moving projects to storyboard?
> The only thing I can find about this is that the Watcher project
> considering switching [1]. Is there a spec or something I can look
> at about this?

There is the long-standing Infra spec at
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/task-tracker.html
which is currently at phase 1 task 4. It was considered for a
possible community goal over the Queens cycle, but in the goals
session in Boston it was suggested to check back in Sydney and see
whether SB has reached sufficient critical mass.

The idea at this point is to at least make sure new projects know
it's an available option for them rather than directing them all
straight to LP. It's also becoming readily apparent that the earlier
decision to hold back migration for interested teams over concerns
of shared bug divergence is hurting adoption; therefore we may want
to consider allowing any team to migrate to SB independent of other
closely related projects who may not currently (or perhaps ever)
wish to do the same. However the expectation is that the Infra team
will not want to support integration with two task/defect trackers
indefinitely, and so at some point LP tie-ins to things like code
review and stats tracking are increasingly likely to simply be
removed rather than fixed if^H^Hwhen they break.
--
Jeremy Stanley