[openstack-dev] [all] Important information for people with in-repo Zuul v3 config

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Oct 4 11:35:08 UTC 2017

On 10/04/2017 07:23 AM, Boden Russell wrote:

> On 10/3/17 1:37 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
>> The partial rollback of Zuulv3 is in place now. Zuulv2 is acting as your
>> gate keeper once again.
>
> Since the rollback, one of the neutron-lib (v2) jobs has been
> consistently failing [1] with:
>
> c/_cffi_backend.c:15:17: fatal error: ffi.h: No such file or directory
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yes, this is unrelated.

cffi 1.11.1 was released today on pypi, without wheels. It's installed
super early in the job run because ansible is used to drive things.

There is a stop gap work around that's running tests right now -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509394/1/devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh

If it passes I'll approve it to get folks back to work. A longer term
solution is probably needed.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague