[openstack-dev] [Infra][Nova] Requesting +1/-1 reporting permission for s390x libvirt/kvm (zkvm) Nova CI

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 4 09:05:46 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm requesting +1/-1 reporting permission (non-voting) to Nova for the
s390x libvirt/kvm (zKVM) nova ci [1] (check pipeline only).

We already got this permission granted in the Nova Meeting on February,
2nd 2017 [4], but after our CI went down on May 16 for a couple of
weeks, we somehow (technically) lost the permission. As we already got
the permission granted in the past, the CI is already sending +1/-1 to
Gerrit. But it is not showing up in the list of CIs next to Zuul,
Jenkins check, IBM PowerVM.. and therefore also not in the CI watch [3]
(what it did before). Getting added to this list again is the missing piece.

* Gerrit Acount: ibm-zkvm-ci

* Gerrit query on patches where the CI commented: [2]

* Proposal for naming: IBM zKVM CI

For any questions feel free to reach out to me (andreas_s) or to markus_z!

Thanks!

Why did it take so long? Well, we took the chance and designed the CI
totally new. Now it's using the current versions of nodepool, zuul and
Jenkins - the transition to zuul v3 is planned as soon as it is running
stable upstream. We're using KVM on KVM (the first version was using KVM
on z/VM) and daily image builds via DIB. We moved everything (including
zuul, nodepool & jenkins) to the z (s390x) platform (in the first
version most parts where still running on pretty old x86 HW attached to
a fragile storage system). Now we also have a test environment in place
that allows us testing patches (e.g. the transition to zuulv3) before
applying them on the production system.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ThirdPartySystems/IBM_zKVM_CI

[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/commentby:%22IBM+zKVM+CI+%253Czkvm-ci%2540linux.vnet.ibm.com%253E%22