[openstack-dev] [all] policy community goal progress

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 14:37:24 UTC 2017

Hey all,

According to our burndown chart [0], just over half the projects have
started implementing the goal [1]. I've been proposing patches for some
of the projects in the not-started column. Most patches I've been
working on would benefit from a review from someone more experienced
with the project. Some projects have policies aren't documented in their
respective API reference, so providing useful descriptions is going to
have to come from project developers. Other patches are tripping over
fake policies that are inconsistent with the packaged policy file. Those
could require additional testing logic to ensure the tests are actually
testing the defaults and not just empty policies ("").

As always, if you have questions about how to get started, please feel
free to come find me. If I've proposed an implementation for a your
project [2], don't hesitate to pick it up and run with it. This will
free me up to continue helping other projects that have yet to get started.

Thanks!

Lance

[0] https://www.lbragstad.com/policy-burndown/
[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/queens/policy-in-code.html