[openstack-dev] [tc] [election] NON nomination for TC

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Oct 2 16:03:44 UTC 2017

I'd like to announce that after 4 years serving on the OpenStack
Technical Committee, I will not be running in this fall's
election. Over the last 4 years we've navigated some rough seas
together, including the transition to more inclusion of projects, the
dive off the hype curve, the emergence of real interoperability
between clouds, and the beginnings of a new vision of OpenStack
pairing with more technologies beyond our community.

There remains a ton of good work to be done. But it's also important
that we have a wide range of leaders to do that. Those opportunities
only exist if we make space for new leaders to emerge. Rotational
leadership is part of what makes OpenStack great, and is part of what
will ensure that this community lasts far beyond any individuals
within it.

I plan to still be around in the community, and contribute where
needed. So this is not farewell. However it will be good to see new
faces among the folks leading the next steps in the community.

I would encourage all members of the community that are interested in
contributing to the future of OpenStack to step forward and run. It's
important to realize what the TC is and can be. This remains a
community driven by consensus, and the TC reflects that. Being a
member of the TC does raise your community visibility, but it does not
replace the need to listen, understand, communicate clearly, and
realize that hard work comes through compromise.

Good luck to all our candidates this fall, and thanks for letting me
represent you the past 4 years.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague