[openstack-dev] [zun][neutron] About Notifier

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Mon Oct 2 02:15:05 UTC 2017

Hi Neutron team,

I saw neutron has a Nova notifier [1] that is able to notify Nova via REST API when a certain set of events happen. I think Zun would like to be notified as how Nova is. For example, we would like to receive notification whenever a port assigned to a container has been associated with a floating IP. If I propose a Zun notifier (preferably out-of-tree) for that, will you accept the patch? Or anyone has an alternative suggestion to stratify our use case.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/notifiers/nova.py

Best regards,
Hongbin