[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Community Goals for Rocky
emilien at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 22:22:48 UTC 2017
It's time to plan what goals we would like to achieve during the Rocky cycle.
If you're not familiar with goals, I suggest this reading first:
Chandan and Lance did an more-than-awesome work in championing the 2
goals for Queens cycle, I think we should continue to have goal
champions in the future.
This decision is currently under discussion here:
Looking forward, it's time to discuss about the goals we want to work
on during Rocky.
As a reminder, the full list of proposed goals is documented here:
Based on our experience, we would like our goals to:
- have at least one or multiple champions, who commit to work with the
project teams so they know what to do in order to achieve the goal.
The champion(s) aren't supposed (but free) to actually implement the
- be achievable in one cycle. A goal that isn't doable in 6 months is
probably too wide and need to be split into smaller steps to achieve
- meet OpenStack roadmap. There are some goals more urgent than
others, we need to take that in consideration.
With that said, the discussion is open. So far we already have one proposal:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/513875/ (Migration to Storyboard,
championed by Kendall).
Suggestions are welcome:
- on the mailing-list, in a new thread per goal [all] [tc] Proposing
goal XYZ for Rocky
- on Gerrit in openstack/governance like Kendall did.
More information about the OpenStack-dev