[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Policy Goal Queens-2 Update

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:32:54 UTC 2017

We have quite a bit in progress already. The following are little things
people can do that make a big difference, outside of picking up the
implementation for a given project:

- Reviews are huge. If we can get things reviewed and +1'd from a goal
perspective (e.g. does this meet the requirements? are policies
documented? is it consistent?), then it makes things easier when a core
reviewer comes along. I'm sort of expecting the core reviewers of the
projects to ensure the policies are documented in a way that makes sense
from a project-perspective.
- Updating patches with the `policy-and-docs-in-code` topic. A lot of
patches are getting missed in tracking because sometimes the topic gets
updated with new patch sets.
- Reviewing and proposing patches to governance for projects that have
completed all the work. This just consists of double checking the work
against the goal criteria [1] and making sure we include planning and
completion artifacts for the project if they have everything done.

That should really help us push what we have in progress through to
completion.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/458677/
[1]
https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/queens/policy-in-code.html#completion-criteria