[openstack-dev] [OVN] Functional tests failures

Daniel Alvarez Sanchez dalvarez at redhat.com
Thu Nov 23 17:10:16 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

We've seen failures in functional tests lately [0] since ovsdbapp was
bumped to 0.8.0. Not sure if it's related since according to logs, it
looks like the connection to OVSDB is lost and then it's not recovered.

We're running functional tests on OVS master so I sent this patch [1]
to test it out with OVS 2.8 branch and, even though it's a bit early to
confirm, it looks like it may solve it.

We've had some IRC discussion around merging [1] or setting up new
jobs but it's still unclear. I'm keen on switching to stable release for our
CI (actually our tempest job against master is nv while the one voting is
against 2.8 branch) and maybe set up a new rally job against master
to detect regressions and also serve as comparison between the two.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Daniel

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/networking-ovn/+bug/1734090