[openstack-dev] [QA] Is forcing dynamic creds too restrictive?

MCCASLAND, TREVOR tm2086 at att.com
Tue Nov 21 16:46:43 UTC 2017

Hello QA Team,

In many of the tempest tests there is a statement[1] that overrides the tempest.conf value for use_dynamic_credentials.
In the event of an immutable user source, these test cases[2] and the one's inherited by them will fail.
Can we remove or reduce the scope of the overrides? You can see my proposed solution for identity admin cases here[3] and my bug report here[4]

What is the QA team's opinion on this?
Is forcing dynamic creds too restrictive since it would prevent any tests being executed against clouds where credential creation is not allowed?

[1] https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/eed21d7a1c0b3e5620960de9878ac9df0d2907fa/tempest/api/identity/base.py#L120-L127
[2] http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=force_tenant_isolation%20%3D%20True&i=nope&files=&repos=tempest
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/499756/
[4] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1714277