[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Migrating TripleO CI in-tree tomorrow - please README

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Nov 20 00:11:47 UTC 2017

Quick update - our plan worked quite well.

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:tripleo/migrate-to-zuulv3

Here's what has been done:
- Migrate most of TripleO projects to zuul layout in-tree + backports
to stable branches.
- Some projects have broken gate and I plan to take a look on Monday -
any help is welcome.
- I pushed patches in OpenStack projects where TripleO jobs were
running, waiting for review.
- Alex and I made scenario001 and 003 non voting due to instabilities.
We really need help on these ones (see alerts on #tripleo).

Next steps:
- Fix gate issue to merge the rest of zuulv3 migration patches
- Start planning work to convert legacy playbooks into proper Ansible
tasks, and re-using quickstart modules.

If you notice any issue or strange thing please let us know.
Thanks,

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
>> TL;DR: don't approve or recheck any tripleo patch from now, until
>> further notice on this thread.
>>
>> Some good progress has been made on migrating legacy tripleo CI jobs
>> to be in-tree:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:tripleo/migrate-to-zuulv3
>>
>> The next steps:
>> - Let the current gate to finish their jobs running.
>> - Stop approving patches from now, and wait the gate to be done and cleared
>> - Alex and I will approve the migration patches tomorrow and we hope
>> to have them in the gate by Friday afternoon (US time) when gate isn't
>> busy anymore. We'll also have to backport them all.
>
> They have been pushed to the gate. There are a few patches in front of
> them before they will hit. please do not approve anything until the v3
> cut over lands as you'll end up with double the amount of jobs running
> on your gate patches until the project-config change lands.
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex
>

>> - When these patches will be merged (it might take the weekend to
>> land, depending how the gate will be), we'll run duplicated jobs until
>> https://review.openstack.org/514778 is merged. I'll try to ping
>> someone from Infra over the week-end if we can land it, that would be
>> great.
>> - Once https://review.openstack.org/514778 is merged, people are free
>> to do recheck or approve any patches. We hope it should happen over
>> the weekend.
>> - I'll continue to migrate all other tripleo projects to have in-tree
>> layout. On the list: t-p-e, t-i-e, paunch, os-*-config,
>> tripleo-validations.
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> --
>> Emilien Macchi