[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][cinder][infra] openstack-tox-py27 job is not executed when spec files are added or modified in nova-specs

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Nov 16 22:50:35 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 04:42:11PM -0600, Sean McGinnis wrote:

> [snip]
>

> > The right answer is probably to just switch those to run doc8 against the
> > specs, since it appears the "tests" we have in there just try to do what that
> > tools is for.
> >
> > Working on a cinder-specs patch to do that now.
> >

> I think this is the approach we will likely want:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/520823/

I don't have time to look into it right now, but we probably shouldn't run
openstack-tox-py27 against these repos in the first place, especially after
this change. It is just wasting infra resources to literally do nothing.

We are not running pep8 jobs against these repos, which we probably should do
now that that will actually catch RST formatting issues in newly proposed
specs.