[openstack-dev] [Release-job-failures][neutron][infra][all] Tag of openstack/neutron-fwaas-dashboard failed

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Nov 16 19:13:59 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-16 11:45, Akihiro Motoki wrote:

>>> I noticed most projects require to install themselves now to set
>>> 'version' and 'release' variables in releasenotes/source/conf.py.
>>> For example, http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/releasenotes/source/conf.py#n51
>>> I think we cannot build release notes without installing a project itself.
>>
>> That's really sad ;(
>>
>> But why would we need to set version and release for the releasenotes at
>> all? We only have one - unversioned - document.
>>
>> I suggest to just get rid of it,
>
> Totally agree.
>
> I think when we migrated to openstckdocstheme version info was shown
> in the rendered text
> so we started to use version info in conf.py. Some projects started it
> and most projects followed it.
> After migrating openstckdocstheme there is no visible version info in
> the rendered relnotes,
> so I think we can drop it.
>
> Looking at  the openstackdocstheme document [1], PDF generation
> expects 'release' variable
> but AFAIK we only generate HTML version of release notes and I think
> we can drop 'release'
> and 'version' variables from conf.py.
>
> [1] https://docs.openstack.org/openstackdocstheme/latest/

the job has been improved to try - fow now - install the repo. So, we
only need to fix now repos that need additional dependencies, like
horizon and neutron related projects. I'm updating all of them now and
would appreciate speedy review,

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:releasenotes-version+is:open

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)