[openstack-dev] [Tripleo] Composable role OVS-DPDK compute node with single NIC

Samuel Monderer smonderer at vasonanetworks.com
Thu Nov 16 08:43:47 UTC 2017

Hi,

I managed to deploy a compute node with ovs-dpdk using two NICs. The first
for the provisioning network and control plane, the other NIC is used
tenant network over ovs-dpdk.

I then tried to use only a single nic for provisioning and ovs-dpdk.
I used the nic configuration below for the compute nodes running ovs-dpdk
but encountered two problems.
First the tenant network was working (wasn't able to get DHCP running and
even when I manually configured it wasn't able to reach the router)
Second the default route on control plane is not set even though it is
configured in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-br-ex

Samuel

OsNetConfigImpl:
type: OS::Heat::StructuredConfig
properties:
group: os-apply-config
config:
os_net_config:
network_config:
-
type: ovs_user_bridge
name: {get_input: bridge_name}
use_dhcp: false
dns_servers: {get_param: DnsServers}
addresses:
-
ip_netmask:
list_join:
- '/'
- - {get_param: ControlPlaneIp}
- {get_param: ControlPlaneSubnetCidr}
routes:
-
ip_netmask: 169.254.169.254/32
next_hop: {get_param: EC2MetadataIp}
-
default: true
next_hop: {get_param: ControlPlaneDefaultRoute}
members:
-
type: ovs_dpdk_port
name: dpdk0
members:
-
type: interface
name: nic1
-
type: vlan
vlan_id: {get_param: InternalApiNetworkVlanID}
addresses:
-
ip_netmask: {get_param: InternalApiIpSubnet}
-
type: vlan
vlan_id: {get_param: TenantNetworkVlanID}
addresses:
-
ip_netmask: {get_param: TenantIpSubnet}