[openstack-dev] [all] [policy] [keystone] Support for deprecating policies

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 17:34:52 UTC 2017

Hey all,

I wanted to let everyone know that we just merged a patch [0] that
allows developers to deprecate policies (just like deprecating
configuration options). The functionality is implemented using the
DeprecatedRule object [1] and emits a warning to operators when
deprecated policies are used. There is also compatibility logic built in
to aid in transitions for operators.

If you've been waiting to change or improve default policies in a
project, you should be able to start making those changes with a new
version of oslo.policy. If you notice anything strange in the
implementation or find the documentation lacking, please let me know.
I'd like to make sure we get any issues ironed out as early as possible.

Thanks,

Lance

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509909/
[0]