[openstack-dev] [tripleo][quickstart] Trying to create a release config for a Master UC and Newton OC

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 10:28:53 UTC 2017

On 10-11-17 09:25:14, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> On 01-11-17 18:50:23, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm attempting save future contributors to the fast forward upgrades feature
> > some time by introducing a quickstart release config that deploys a Master UC
> > and Newton OC:
> >
> > config: Provide a Master UC and Newton OC release config
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/511464/
> >
> > This initial attempt did appear to work when I created the review some weeks ago
> > but now results in a Pike OC. I'm now trying to avoid this by adding repos,
> > repo_cmd_before and repo_cmd_after as in other release configs without any
> > luck:
> >
> > $ cat $WD/config/release/master-undercloud-newton-overcloud.yml
> > release: master
> > overcloud_release: newton
> > undercloud_image_url: https://images.rdoproject.org/master/delorean/current-tripleo/stable/undercloud.qcow2
> > ipa_image_url: https://images.rdoproject.org/master/delorean/current-tripleo/stable/ironic-python-agent.tar
> > overcloud_image_url: https://images.rdoproject.org/newton/delorean/consistent/stable/overcloud-full.tar
> > images:
> >   - name: undercloud
> >     url: "{{ undercloud_image_url }}"
> >     type: qcow2
> >   - name: overcloud-full
> >     url: "{{ overcloud_image_url }}"
> >     type: tar
> >   - name: ipa_images
> >     url: "{{ ipa_image_url }}"
> >     type: tar
> >
> > repos:
> >   - type: file
> >     filename: delorean.repo
> >     down_url: https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-newton/current/delorean.repo
> >
> >   - type: file
> >     filename: delorean-deps.repo
> >     down_url: http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-newton/delorean-deps.repo
> >
> > repo_cmd_before: |
> >   sudo yum clean all;
> >   sudo yum-config-manager --disable "*"
> >   sudo rm -rf /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean*;
> >   sudo rm -rf /etc/yum.repos.d/*.rpmsave;
> >
> > repo_cmd_after: |
> >   sudo yum repolist;
> >   sudo yum update -y
> >
> > This still results in a Pike OC, with the original overcloud-full image on the
> > virthost originally using the Newton repos:
> >
> > $ bash quickstart.sh -w $WD \
> >                      -t all \
> >                      -c config/general_config/minimal-keystone-only.yml \
> >                      -R master-undercloud-newton-overcloud \
> >                      -N config/nodes/1ctlr_keystone.yml $VIRTHOST
> > [..]
> > $ ssh -F $WD/ssh.config.ansible virthost
> > [..]
> > $ virt-cat -a overcloud-full.qcow2 /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean.repo
> > [delorean]
> > name=delorean-instack-undercloud-61e201bd3cf65e931cc865a1018cf9441e50dab8
> > baseurl=https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-newton/61/e2/61e201bd3cf65e931cc865a1018cf9441e50dab8_be559bb4
> > enabled=1
> > gpgcheck=0

> [...]

Thanks to Yolanda for pointing out that you also need to set
`use_external_images: true` when using inject_images.

use_external_images: true
inject_images:
     - "ironic-python-agent.initramfs"
     - "ironic-python-agent.kernel"
     - "overcloud-full.qcow2"
     - "overcloud-full.initrd"
     - "overcloud-full.vmlinuz"

Cheers,

Lee
--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76