[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Help needed on debugging upgrade jobs on Pike

Marios Andreou mandreou at redhat.com
Mon Nov 6 09:52:19 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Marius Cornea <mariusc at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 2:27 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Since we've got promotion, we can now properly test upgrades from ocata
> to pike.
> > It's now failing for various reasons, as you can see on:
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500625/
> >
> > I haven't filled bug yet but this is the kind of thing I see now:
> > http://logs.openstack.org/25/500625/20/check/legacy-tripleo-ci-centos-7-
> scenario002-multinode-oooq-container-upgrades/62e7f14/
> logs/undercloud/home/zuul/overcloud_upgrade_console.log.
> txt.gz#_2017-11-04_00_14_17
>
> I think this is related to https://review.openstack.org/#/c/510577/
> which introduced running os-net-config during the major upgrade
> composable step. In case of environments without network isolation
> /etc/os-net-config/config.json doesn't exist so the os-net-config
> command fails. I filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1730328
> to keep track of it.

heh, beat me to it :) I was about to file that. Indeed from logs @ [0] you
can see the step3 ansible-playbook failing for
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/e463ca15fb2189fde7e7e2de136cfb2303d3171f/puppet/services/tripleo-packages.yaml#L56-L64

I had a poke at one of the other jobs too since there are apparently
multiple issues - I found a different one
for legacy-tripleo-ci-centos-7-containers-multinode-upgrades and filed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1730349 for that. It looks like all
the upgrade_tasks pass there but then fails on docker-puppet

[0]
http://logs.openstack.org/25/500625/20/check/legacy-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario002-multinode-oooq-container-upgrades/62e7f14/logs/subnode-2/var/log/messages.txt.gz#_Nov__4_00_13_55

thanks,

marios