[openstack-dev] [security] Security SIG

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Sat Nov 4 23:53:17 UTC 2017

Luke Hinds wrote:
> [...]
> Something else which comes to mind; it seems to me we are more of a
> 'working group', are working groups no longer a thing in OpenStack? -
> SIG seems like a better fit for topics focused mainly on cross project
> collaborations efforts (API's being a good example), whereas we have a
> lot of group like tasks that we handle in silo?

Working groups are still a thing, but they are tied to a specific
governance body (TC, UC, Board of Directors). SIGs are cross-community
working groups, beyond a single governance body. Project teams are a
form of TC-owned working group dedicated to the production of OpenStack
software.

With security having so much operational ties, it feels like a SIG would
be the best match as it prevents artificial governance boundaries from
getting in the way of getting people more directly involved.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)