[openstack-dev] [requirements] Do we care about pypy for clients (broken by cryptography)

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed May 31 15:05:11 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017, at 07:39 AM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 09:47:37AM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > Excerpts from Monty Taylor's message of 2017-05-31 07:34:03 -0500:

> > This question came up recently for the Oslo libraries, and I think we
> > also agreed that pypy support was not being actively maintained.
> >
> > Doug
> >

> Thanks Doug. If oslo does not support pypy, then I think that makes the
> decision for me. I will put up a patch to get rid of that job and stop
> wasting infra resources on it.

Just a couple things (I don't think it changes the decision made).

Cryptography does at least claim to support PyPy (see
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cryptography/ trove identifiers), so
possibly a bug on their end that should get filed?

Also, our user clients should probably run under as many interpreters as
possible to make life easier for end users; however, they currently
depend on oslo and if oslo doesn't support pypy then likely not
reasonable to do in user clients.

Clark