[openstack-dev] [neutron][L3][HA] 2 masters after reboot of node

Anil Venkata anilvenkata at redhat.com
Fri May 26 13:04:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Kevin Benton <kevin at benton.pub> wrote:

> Perhaps when the L3 agent starts up we can have it explicitly set the port
> status to DOWN for all of the HA ports on that node. Then we are guaranteed
> that when they go to ACTIVE it will be because the L2 agent has wired the
> ports.

Thanks Kevin. Will it create dependency of dataplane on controlplane. For
example, if the node is properly configured(l2 agent wired up, keepalived
configured, VRRP exchange happening) but user just restarted only l3 agent,
then with the suggestion we won't break l2 connectivity(leading to multiple
HA masters) by re configuring again?

Or is there a way server can detect that node(not only agent) is down and
set port status?