[openstack-dev] Save the Date- Queens PTG

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed May 24 14:47:36 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-24 04:16 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Monty Taylor wrote:
>> On 05/23/2017 06:27 PM, Anita Kuno wrote:
>>> My mistake I mis-read, $149 USD is equal to $201 CDN (Canadian
>>> currency), so it looks like the same price to me.
>> I believe (although I do not know for absolute certain) that the prices
>> given were already normalized to USD. So it wasn't $149USD vs $200CDN it
>> was $149USD vs $200USD.
>>
>> It is, of course, worth clarifying.
> Yes they were normalized to USD.

I take offense to the idea that USD is considered normal, especially
when referencing hotel rates in a Canadian city. $ means dollar, it
doesn't mean USD as a default and Canadian only if we feel like it.

Are we still an international organization?

I further question that you were unable to get any Montreal hotel to
take a substantial piece of business for anything less than $270 CDN.
That seems very usual to me.

Thank you,
Anita.