[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Undercloud backup and restore

Carlos Camacho Gonzalez ccamacho at redhat.com
Wed May 24 07:26:52 UTC 2017

 Hey folks,

Based on what we discussed yesterday in the TripleO weekly team meeting,
I'll like to propose a blueprint to create 2 features, basically to backup
and restore the Undercloud.

I'll like to follow in the first iteration the available docs for this
purpose [1][2].

With the addition of backing up the config files on /etc/ specifically to
be able to recover from a failed Undercloud upgrade, i.e. recover the repos
info removed in [3].

I'll like to target this for P as I think I have enough time for
coding/testing these features.

I already have created a blueprint to track this effort
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/undercloud-backup-restore

What do you think about it?

Thanks,
Carlos.