[openstack-dev] uWSGI help for Congress

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue May 23 12:37:13 UTC 2017

On Mon, 22 May 2017, Eric K wrote:

> If someone out there knows uWSGI and has a couple spare cycles to help
> Congress project, we'd super appreciate it.
>
> The regular contributors to Congress don't have experience with uWSGI and
> could definitely use some help getting started with this goal. Thanks a ton!

Is the issue that you need get WSGI working at all (that is, need to
create a WSGI app for running the api service), or existing WSGI
tooling, made to work with mod_wsgi, needs to be adapted to work
with uwsgi? In either case, if you're able to point me at existing
api service code I might be able to provide some pointers.

In the meantime some potentially useful links:

* some notes I took on switching nova and devstack over to uwsg:

     https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/devstack-uwsgi

* devstack code for nova+uwsgi

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/457715/

* rewrite of nova's wsgi application to start up properly

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/457283/

This last one might be most useful as it looks like congress is
using an api startup model (for the non-WSGI case) similar to
nova's.

--
Chris Dent                  ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)       https://anticdent.org/