[openstack-dev] [tc] revised Postgresql deprecation patch for governance

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue May 23 11:35:35 UTC 2017

On Mon, 22 May 2017, Sean Dague wrote:

> This feels like what a Tier 2 support looks like. A basic SQLA and pray
> so that if you live behind SQLA you are probably fine (though not
> tested), and then test and advanced feature roll out on a single
> platform. Any of that work might port to other platforms over time, but
> we don't want to make that table stakes for enhancements.

I've often wondered why what's being called "Tier 1" (advancec
features) here isn't something done downstream of "generic"
OpenStack.

Which is not to say it would have to be closed source or vendor
oriented. Simply not here. It may be we've got enough to deal with
here.

The 'external' model described by Monty makes things that are not
here easier to manage (but, to be fair, not necessarily easier to
make).

--
Chris Dent                  ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)       https://anticdent.org/