[openstack-dev] [networking-bagpipe] exabgp dependency

thomas.morin at orange.com thomas.morin at orange.com
Tue May 23 08:14:16 UTC 2017

Hi James,

FYI, exabgp 4.0.0 has been released and this release can be package to
satisfy networking-bagpipe needs.
A request for adding exabgp as a proper OpenStack requirement is in
flight: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/467068
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/467068/>

Best,

-Thomas

2017-04-27, James Page :
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 at 17:03 <thomas.morin at orange.com
> <mailto:thomas.morin at orange.com>> wrote:
>>> James Page :
>>> I'm working on the wider networking-* packages we have in Ubuntu for
>>> Pike milestone 1 and noticed that exabgp is currently being pulled
>>> in from the master branch of exabgp; any ideas when you might be
>>> able to switch to a released version of exabgp?
>>>
>     Indeed, we have moved from shipping a fork of an old exabgp in
>     bagpipe-bgp (a.k.a."vendoring", i.e. baaad...) to using upstream,
>     but we have dependencies on exabgp development branch.
>
>     I've been in touch with ExaBGP main author, who plans to release
>     exabgp 4 from master "soon".
>     The one pending item he would like to cover before releasing is
>     having exabgp run with python3, and not everything is ready [1].
>
>     So, while I don't have a full answer on the "when", this is
>     reasonable information on the "how" this will happen.
>     I hope this can be achieved in a timeframe compatible with Pike,
>     and plan to spend some time helping this happen.
>
>     Once this is done, we'll also work to include exabgp in
>     global-requirements.
>

> That all sounds great; I'll hold off on the first milestone for this
> package in Ubuntu for now and we can review again at the next milestone!

Thank you.