[openstack-dev] [nova] Supporting volume_type when booting from volume

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue May 23 03:47:44 UTC 2017

Just wanted to point out that someone else requested this again today:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/466595/

30 seconds going through launchpad for old blueprints found at least 4
others:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vol-type-with-blank-vol

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-support-for-multi-hypervisors

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/support-boot-instance-set-store-type

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ec2-volume-type

And I know cburgess and garyk at least had one each of their own.

Is this really something we are going to have to deny at least once per
release? My God how is it that this is the #1 thing everyone for all
time has always wanted Nova to do for them?

I'm honestly starting to get concerned.

Matt