[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Feedback needed on sizing partitions

Yolanda Robla Mota yroblamo at redhat.com
Mon May 22 13:31:31 UTC 2017

Hi
As part of the security hardened images effort:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/build-whole-disk-images

I created a patch to define the initial partitions on the image:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/449122/7/elements/overcloud-secure/block-device-config.yaml

I tested those on a tripleo deployment for newton, and everything works
fine. But I really want feedback on the right sizing, specially for
production. So I'd like to get feedback from people working in tripleo, to
validate the sizes of partitions, and give advice on the right sizing there.

This work needs to land for Pike , so we don't have many time, I'd
appreciate collaboration. Thanks!

--

Yolanda Robla Mota

Principal Software Engineer, RHCE