[openstack-dev] [puppet] [tempest] L2GW not standard Tempest Plugin. How to get tests into CI?

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyammann at gmail.com
Mon May 22 13:11:23 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Kevin Benton <kevin at benton.pub> wrote:
> Can you file a patch to adjust tox.ini of l2gw to make it the same as the
> others?

Actually it is not just tox, if we need to setup l2gw tests as Tempest
plugin, it needs some of the tests and config options refactoring. I
have not gone deep into those tests but from first look it should be
easy one.

> On May 22, 2017 7:35 AM, "Ricardo Noriega De Soto" <rnoriega at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to enable some tempest tests into puppet-openstack-integration
>> project. I basically did the same procedure as with other Neutron drivers
>> but tests were not being executed:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/460080/
>>
>> If you check the puppet-tempest patch, I enable the "l2gw" driver in
>> tempest.conf under the service_avaiblable section:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459712/
>>
>> However, the way these tests are called slightly different:
>>

>> https://github.com/openstack/networking-l2gw/tree/master/networking_l2gw/tests
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack/networking-l2gw/blob/master/tox.ini#L50-L53

Yes, as you mentioned l2gw tests are not setup as tempest plugin but
that should not matter here. Test is being skipped because,
'l2-gateway' extension is not enabled on tempest config [1] in your
patch.

This tests depends on 2 conditions to run [2]
1. 'l2-gateway' extension to be enabled.
2. len(CONF.L2GW.l2gw_switch) < 0   This seems not to be in tempest conf [3].

If you make these 2 options configured correctly then test should run.
I was searching example of those config in openstack/networking-l2gw
jobs but seems like those tests does not run there.  Anywhere we run
those tests?

Currently tests depends Tempest + some extra config options. This way
makes l2gw tests hard to configure and run. To make it simple, I
recommend to make l2gw tests as tempest plugin if they can be. It
should be simple though. We have nice doc for setting up the Plugin
[4], but if you need help QA team will be happy to help in that.

>> Is there any recommendation on how to approach this?? I don't think
>> setting environment variables in puppet-openstack-integration is acceptable.
>> I would love to get some advice around this.
>>
>> Thank you guys!!
>>
>> --
>> Ricardo Noriega
>>
>> Senior Software Engineer - NFV Partner Engineer | Office of Technology  |
>> Red Hat
>> irc: rnoriega @freenode

..[1]  http://logs.openstack.org/80/460080/27/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario004-tempest-centos-7/3b23503/logs/tempest.conf.txt.gz

..[2]  https://github.com/openstack/networking-l2gw/blob/master/networking_l2gw/tests/api/test_l2gw_extensions.py#L55-L60