[openstack-dev] [oslo] can we make everyone drop eventlet? (was: Can we stop global requirements update?)

ChangBo Guo glongwave at gmail.com
Mon May 22 09:28:27 UTC 2017

We discussed this for a long time,  As I know , some projects use eventlet
heavily like Nova [1],
If everyon agree with removing eventlet , we can set it as one of comunnity
goals[2]

[1]https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/doc/source/threading.rst
[2]https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goals

> FTFY
>

> On 05/19/2017 03:58 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
>
>> Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
>>
>>> Not really, I just put some comments on reviews and discus this on IRC.
>>> Since nobody except Telemetry have expressed/try to get rid of eventlet.
>>>

>> Octavia is using cotyledon and they have gotten rid of eventlet. Didn't
>> seem like it was that hard either to do it (of course the experience in how
>> easy it was is likely not transferable to other projects...)
>>
>> -Josh

ChangBo Guo(gcb)